Guide to Restaurant & Takeaway Insurance in the UK
WHY IS RESTAURANT AND TAKEAWAY INSURANCE IMPORTANT?
If you own and run a restaurant or takeaway, it is crucial to have the correct cover to protect your business, customers and employees should anything happen.
As you are providing goods to the public and preparing food, it is vital that you have the correct insurance policy to cover you for public and product liability.
As customers collect food from your business premises, it is crucial to have the correct cover to help protect you from injury claims from members of the public.
DO I NEED INSURANCE FOR MY RESTAURANT OR TAKEAWAY?
Running a bustling restaurant or takeaway establishment comes with its unique set of risks and challenges. A slip or fall in the kitchen or a complaint from a customer about the food causing an upset stomach can happen to anyone, so ensuring you have the right cover is critical to safeguarding your business against such events.
If you employ staff, you are legally required to have employers’ liability cover in the UK. This protects you against any claims/losses in the vent of injury at work. Reliant Risk Management can add this vital feature to your policy.
Public liability is crucial to protect you against any negligent claims by customers and members of the public in the event of an injury to themselves or their possessions on your premises.
A comprehensive takeaway insurance policy caters to your specific needs, from public liability cover to legal expenses and contents. This allows you to concentrate on serving your customers rather than constantly worrying about unforeseen events.
WHAT IS COVERED IN RESTAURANT AND TAKEAWAY INSURANCE?
At Reliant Risk Management, we offer a range of options to protect your restaurant or takeaway business. Our cover is designed to protect you against claims by customers, the general public, and employees.
Our plans are bespoke, tailored to match your business requirements, offering a range of options that you can select, to personalise your policy to your business’s specific needs. Options include:
- Public Liability – Cover against injury claims on your premises from a customer or a member of the public.
- Product Liability – Safeguard against claims in relation to harm to a customer as a result of consuming your food.
- Employers’ Liability – Cover for employee injury/harm while at work.
- Contents – Protection from damage/theft to your kitchen equipment, fridge/freezers, ovens, fixtures/fittings, and much more.
- Stock – Cover for damage to your food items.
- Business Interruption – Supports the loss of income due to temporary closure.
- Money – Cover for money held at your premises.
- Goods in transit- Cover for business goods during transportation
- Legal Expenses- additional cover towards legal fees and court costs.
- Building – Cover if you own the property.
WHAT IS THE COST OF INSURANCE FOR RESTAURANTS AND TAKEAWAYS?
The insurance cost, whether for a restaurant or a takeaway business, is never a one-size-fits-all. Premium is dependent on a number of factors. The scope of your business, number of employees, value of the contents/stock, and even location can greatly influence the cost.
We believe in providing bespoke insurance solutions, thus ensuring that you pay for only what you need. We aim to strike a fair balance between under and over insurance. Obtain an insurance quote for your restaurant or takeaway business today.